With wish list(s) in hand (or at least in progress), it is time to face the facts and create your Christmas budget. The holidays are about loved ones and about GIVING, right? However, if you do not create a budget to guide your purchases over the next few months, the holidays will be about giving to your credit card company for the next year! The Countdown to Christmas Challenge for today is to prepare a budget to place in your handy holiday planner for quick reference throughout the holiday season. List your expenses to have an accurate record of all that is involved with the joyous, but often rather expensive, holiday. Refer to it often to keep you on track. Next year, when it is time to create another Christmas budget, you can look back on this budget as a guide for future spending. Some categories to include in your Christmas budget are: Gifts, Decorations, Food/Drink, Holiday Entertainment, and Charitable Giving.
* Available as a download in the 100 Days to Christmas 2013 eBook. Members to ListPlanIt.com can print or download Holiday Budget Planner in Holidays & Occasions as a worksheet for your Christmas budget.
1) leave a comment or photo here below and show us your pre-holiday spirit,
2) tell your friends & followers about 100 Days to Christmas on Twitter (it’s easy to do with our share buttons below) and leave a comment here linking to your Twitter handle (be sure to follow @100Days on Twitter, too),
3) subscribe to 100 Days to Christmas by email (see the big blue box on the homepage) and get our daily posts delivered straight to your inbox. Leave a comment here,
4) blog about 100 Days to Christmas, then leave a comment here linking to your post.
5) follow our page on Facebook and tell our entire community that you are going to participate by leaving the following message on our Facebook wall, “I’m counting down the 100 days to Christmas at 100DaystoChristmas.com. This is going to be my best holiday season yet!”.
6) pin this page to one of your Pinterest boards. Leave the link to the pin below.
One of each of these per day please. Today is the last day to enter!